From:   Walter Marguccio <walter_marguc...@yahoo.com>
To:     IBM-MAIN@listserv.ua.edu,
Date:   05/22/2013 09:36 AM
Subject:        Re: why does WLM  Server status change from YES to NO
Sent by:        IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@listserv.ua.edu>

> From: "Barkow, Eileen" <ebar...@doitt.nyc.gov>

> Subject: why does WLM  Server status change from YES to NO

> Would anyone know why the WLM SERVER status keeps changing from YES to
NO?

Eileen,

very interesting query. I noticed myself this behaviour two weeks ago when
I changed my OLTP

region from "manage region using goal of REGION" to "manage region using
goal of TRANSACTION".

If I understood what the FM say, with the latter WLM does take into
account the OLTP's transaction response
time when managing the region. Using the former, WLM does not consider
OLTP's transaction response time.
Ever since, the OLTP's SERVER field in SDSF keeps changing from NO to YES
and viceversa.

Maybe someone with more expericence can explain why.

I wonder what the SDSF SERVER field shows if "manage region using goal of
BOTH" is set.

Walter Marguccio
z/OS Systems Programmer
BELENUS LOB Informatic GmbH