I'm late to the party here so I'm not sure if what I quote below is the
original query but unless I am missing something, most or all of the Windows
graphical FTP clients will do that. FileZilla is free. WS_FTP may be free for
individual use. There may be others. They will graphically expand a z/OS PDS(E)
(a la Windows File Explorer or ISPF, more or less) and you can drag one,
several or all members from the PDS(E) to a Windows folder, or vice versa, with
or without ASCII translation. WS_FTP will also (but FileZilla will not) do
extension generation or conversion. So you can copy all of the members of a
PDS(E) and have them end up on Windows as *.asm, or copy from Windows to a
PDS(E) and not have it complain that WHATEVER.ASM is not a valid member name. I
also copy between Windows and OMVS folders, and have WS_FTP convert *.cpp to
*.C and vice versa (following the different naming conventions for C++ source
on the two platforms).

Or am I missing something (not the first time <g>)?

Charles