You know, I don't think I have ever had to think about it. I just started using
WS_FTP and it just worked. My C { braces } and [ brackets ] and my Rexx |. (I
use \ for logical not.)

Perhaps I have forgotten some issue. But I use WS_FTP across four systems, some
of them relatively new to me, so I would definitely recall if I had to do
something specific on the mainframe end.

Charles