IMO, if IBM were to store the creation date & time, then the only logical
value to store is the STCKE value taken somewhere within the allocation
process. It is 16 bytes in length and cannot be made any more accurate
because the hardware doesn't support a greater accuracy. It is not human
readable, but SO WHAT? It is easy to convert using HLASM and the STCKCONV
macro. I wish that the LE people had an STCKE value to Lilian date/time
conversion routine. But, again, that would be easy to write in HLASM.

On Fri, Jun 7, 2013 at 7:20 AM, Vernooij, CP - SPLXM
<kees.verno...@klm.com>wrote:

> I'd say first: there must be a reason to store the creation time. What was
> the reason?
>
> So if IBM decided to store the creation time rounded only to minutes or
> seconds, people would complain that it should be more accurate. If so, it
> is a wise decision to store it accurate enough for now and the near future
> to avoid duplicate creation times, remember the job readertime 'accuracy'?
>
> Kees.

This is a test of the Emergency Broadcast System. If this had been an
actual emergency, do you really think we'd stick around to tell you?

Maranatha! <><
John McKown