Dear listers,

I've been searching for hours but did not find a solution for the following:
During a TSO session, a user specifies a dataset name. He may use a relative
generation number (e.g., "MY.DSN(0)") and he may do this several times, each
resulting in a DYNALLOC (DALMEMBR set to the generation number). When a new
generation is created during the TSO session, any subsequent DYNALLOC will NOT
get this new dataset because, as I read in one of IBM's manuals, at the first
usage of a GDG the operating system makes some sort of "connection" to make
sure that generation 0 is always pointing to the same dataset. While this makes
a lot of sense for batch jobs, it is not what I want in the above case.

Is there a way to "release" / "ignore" that connection (I have looked through
the DYNALLOC parameters, but to no avail) or do I have to go through the
catalog and use my own logic to determine the correct DSN? ISPF Edit, much to
my surprise, gets it right - if I specify generation 0, the new dataset will be
found.

Thanks for your help,
Beate