Kirk, I've installed your software and it is working.  Thanks for the
suggestion!

--- k...@dovetail.com wrote:

From:         Kirk Wolf <k...@dovetail.com>
To:           IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: sftp
Date:         Thu, 1 Aug 2013 08:07:56 -0500

Richard,

In IBM Ported Tools release 1.2, IBM changed the sftp command to be APF
authorized.
This is why you can't local-spawn it from BPXBATCH

I actually don't see how your original JCL would have ever worked:
 BPXBATCH with PARM=PGM will *not* local spawn the command, so the DD:CMDS
won't be available to it.   BPXBATSL might have worked.

Kirk Wolf
Dovetailed Technologies
http://dovetail.com

PS> Co:Z SFTP is free to use under our Community License and is easy to run
from batch JCL
http://dovetail.com/products/sftp.html
http://dovetail.com/docs/sftp/client.html#client-batch