I thought about what you guys have told me and realized that while you are
correct and it is easy to just run the configuration, etc., the work I've done
(shortening the functions' names to 8, upper case characters, COBOL API, etc.)
is very valuable to those who are still in that environment.  And these guys
are my intended audience!

To those who just build the thing in USS, please have a look at my config.h for
some things that are not necessarily available otherwise.

I hear about ports that are done to other open source (I read MVS-OE as well)
and this is encouraging, but I wish that those who do those ports should make
their ports (with the z/OS related changes, minor as they could be) available
in some way, similar to what I am doing.

Thank you all
ZA