Hi Lizette, and thanks for your note. I have done the restore with a new
name with no difference. I have also dumped the backup with IDCAMS, and I
can see the data, which looks like the right format - there is a bunch of
data as I expected.

Unfortunately, the original file is no longer available, which is why I am
trying to get this backup to work. I have to say that I am not the happiest
guy at the moment.

Billy

On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 8:52 AM, Lizette Koehler <stars...@mindspring.com>wrote:

> Sometimes when I run into strange issues with DFDSS, I will bring the
> dataset back  as a new name and then browse the file after it is restored.
>
> If you are getting blksize 0 then maybe the file on backup is empty.
>
> I would try  creating a new file:    filename.recv  (I use RECV as a suffix
> so I know it is a recovered file.)  and then browse it.
>
> It maybe that your file has no data.  In which case I would just allocate
> it
> rather than trying to restore it.
>
> Lizette

Thank you and best regards,