Sorry about the clutter in the commands....BYPASSACS is there as I was
trying to ignore the groups it was originally using and restore the file to
non-SMS volumes. The REPLACEU was an attempt (unsuccessful, obviously) to
pre-allocate the files and to restore into them (with OUTDD), and then to
just try and restore and replace the pre-allocated files.

I have tried lots of different ways, with no success.

On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 9:29 AM, Elardus Engelbrecht <
elardus.engelbre...@sita.co.za> wrote:

> Bill Ashton wrote:
>
> >Here is my input:
> >RESTORE DATASET(INCLUDE(xxx.xxx.xxx)) INDD(BKP) -
> >    OUTDD(FILE420) BYPASSACS(**) REPLACEU
>
> When running the RESTORE, what is the attributes of the backup? Logical or
> Physical? AFAIK, there is a difference.
>
> Why BYPASSACS(**)?
> Why REPLACEU if those datasets are not there at all?
>
> You could just use INCLUDE(**) with PARM='TYPRUN=NORUN' just to see what
> all were backup in the first place.
>
> Groete / Greetings
> Elardus Engelbrecht

Thank you and best regards,