From:   Roger Steyn <roger.st...@yahoo.com>
To:     IBM-MAIN@listserv.ua.edu,
Date:   09/03/2013 09:41 AM
Subject:        Syncsort v1.4 doesn't support Tape sorting - Need help !
Sent by:        IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@listserv.ua.edu>

Greetings ,

  We are currently using syncsort 1.3.2 and would like to upgrade it to
new version 1.4 . In the new release v1.4 , it no longer supports tape
sorting . Hence it becomes necessary that i have to identify all the jobs
which are currently using this feature and have them converted before
going further . I need suggestions from people who has done this upgrade
successfully in a production environment .I called up the support guys ,
and they told me to identify the jobs using tape sort in the currently
installed release . I did some research on this and found 3 conditions to
be satisfied in order to user tape sort feature

a) SORTLIB DD statement in their JCL

b) SYNCTAPE library in the linklist - (Which i already found to be there )

c) SORTWRK DD statements will have UNIT=TAPE

Since we have thousands of jobs running in our environment , it is
difficult to check the JCL of every job manually . Is there a different
way to get this done ?

Any sort of help is much appreciated

Thanks in Advance,
Roger