The problem of using SMF14/15 could be to determine the real DDnames
used for the sortwk's.

Kees.

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On
Behalf Of Yifat Oren
Sent: Tuesday, September 03, 2013 11:37
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Syncsort v1.4 doesn't support Tape sorting - Need help !

Hi,

As far as I know, Syncsort SMF does not have an indicator for tape sort.

But, it does have a section for each SORTWORK allocated, that includes a
device type, unit address and volser.
That may help, but you may need to write your own program..

I would use SMF 14/15; There are many SAS and Rexx examples laying
around.
And the CBT can also help in decoding those records..

Of course, MXG can make things a lot simpler.

Best Regards,
Yifat