> With COBOL 5.1, AFAIK, comes also the requirement of the load libraries to be
> PDSE.  Which we DON'T have today, neither in production or test systems.

You have PDSEs on your Sysres. If you run DB2 you have PDSEs.  PDSEs don't have
to be SMS-managed. The only problem you may have is that PDSEs cannot be shared
outside of a Sysplex. They cannot be shared across Sysplexes. Otherwise once
you install COBOL the library should remain untouched and should be very stable.

Bob Shannon
Rocket Software