I consider APF to be one of the worst exposures because it gives you keys to
the system and allows you to hide your tracks.

APF has the least obscure protection and many people know about these
exposures. You trust that software vendors don't create an exposure. You limit
access to APF libraries. You limit when they can update it. You trust that
anyone who does have access doesn't abuse it and always researches possible
exposures when changing these libraries. You trust that their terminals are
locked when they go to lunch or leave their desk. You trust that they haven't
exposed you in ways you did not consider (e.g. from home). You trust they will
be suspicious when someone calls saying they are one of your software vendors.

Jon Perryman.