Anti-virus software is a good idea but as we've seen, they must be constantly
updated and always on the search for new threats. They only work as good as the
known threats and those things the products considers to be a threat. Maybe it
doesn't flag Omegamon or Mainview functionality that allows a user to modify
storage. How about very obscure exposures that you can't know about unless
someone see's it and says something. E.g. protected because it's rarely used
and requires specific information. Maybe it needs a specific storage key. Maybe
it must be below the line or in a specific subpool. How about unintentional
exposures by storage overlay errors. It's impossible to find every exposure.

Jon Perryman.