-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Joe D'Alessandro
Sent: Wednesday, September 11, 2013 11:48 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: How to display JES2 fields from the PDDB

Hello:
You may be better served by using an IF SLIP and writing trace records
(A=TRACE) to a GTF that specifies TRACE=SLIP so that you can get a greater
variety of PDDB iterations.   A dump is going to just get you one PDDB  at that
point in time.

Use $DMOD(modname) to get the address of the exit’s load point.  Use that
address to build the SLIP.  Here is an example of a SLIP one of my co-workers
wrote in the past:

SLIP SET,IF,DISABLE,ID=TRCJ,ACTION=TRACE,J=JES2,
     RA=(1A9DE4F8+01F0,1A9DE4F8+0FC6),
     TD=(STD,REGS),
     END

It looks legit to me.  I never did an IF trace for a JES2 exit, but I have used
IF for other traces and in those cases I  actually coded a module name.

The RANGE you code would be the address in your exit where you knew the PDDB’s
address was loaded into reg2.  You might just place the IF on one instruction
(in the above example, he was tracing code path thru some module).

And you would add to the TRDATA parameter that the locations pointed to by reg2
should be written to the trace record, e.g.,  TD=(STD,REGS,2r?+14,2r?+20)

Which means “dump the standard trace record and the register values and what
reg2 is pointing to plus x’14’ thru x’20’.

After you set the SLIP (and warn everyone first that you are setting a PER
trap), start the GTF to capture the trace records.  Then submit jobs to create
PDDBs.

For what it's worth, my observation of a PDDB found this combination of values
(JES2 v1.11):   PDBDRMT is interpreted as a Unnnn value or a Rnnn value
depending on PDBDNODE.  I was only checking for certain values of PDBDNODE so I
came up with this partial set of field contents:

PDBDNODE   PDBDRMT   PDBDUSER
  zero           ¬zero          spaces        PDBDRMT is a Unnnn value
 our-node     ¬zero          spaces        PDBDRMT is Rnnn value.
 our-node      zero           Unnnn         PDBDUSER contains the actual Unnnn
value
 our-node      zero           spaces        local SYSOUT

I did not care if PDBDNODE contained another node's value so I am not going to
state what would be in PDBDRMT or PDBDUSER in that case, but the SLIP / TRACE
should find that if you need to know.

regards, Joe D'Alessandro