I recently ran across  this thread and am trying to create a few line commands
in native mode
under z/OS   01.13.00. Did not EVEN know that LMAC existed. I cannot get DT
(Delete from
 command to top) and DB (Delete from command to bottom to work together. At
first I was
 "trying my own thing" using a table that pointed to a single MACRO for
multiple commands
and as an aside to my problem being a little lazy and probably more than a bit
less robust than
Mark, e. g.

"(START) = LINENUM .ZFRANGE" /* Get 1st line number in the range    */
"(STOP)  = LINENUM .ZLRANGE" /* Get last line number in the range   */
"(DW)  = DATA_WIDTH"         /* Get the width of the editable data  */
Do a = start to stop         /* Loop through the range of lines     */
  "(LINE) = LINE "a          /* Get old line value                  */
  SELECT                     /* process the command for this line   */
    When(parm = "CE")  Then line=center(strip(line),dw) /* Center   */
    When(parm = "RV")  Then line=reverse(line)          /* Reverse  */
    When(parm = "LEF") Then line=strip(line,"L")    /* Left justify */
    When(parm = "RIT") Then line=right(strip(line,"T"),dw) /* Right */
                             /*                             Justify */
    Otherwise  Nop           /* Otherwise no op (shouldn't get here)*/
  End                        /*                                     */
  "LINE "a" = (LINE)"        /* Set new line value                  */
End                          /* End of loop through lines           */
exit 0                       /* Return to ISPF                      */

Comments on above welcome... seems to work but...
Hmmm take SELECT out of the loop, set command for for line = into a variable
and use
interpret inside the loop?

But as to my problem, I cannot get
****** ***************************** Top of Data ******************************
000001 a
000002 b
000003 c
DT     d
000005 e
000006 f
000007 g
DB     h
000009 i
000010 j
000011 k
000012 l
****** **************************** Bottom of Data ****************************

to work either my way or exactly as shown on Marks web site with his two macros

and table copied as is.

Instead of desired/expected result

000001 e
000002 f
000003 g

I get

000001 i
000002 j
000003 k
000004 l

Can multiple user line commands be passed to ISREDIT on the same "ENTER"

David