On 17 September 2013 16:41, Mark Zelden <m...@mzelden.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Sep 2013 16:24:10 -0400, Tony Harminc <t...@harminc.net> wrote:

>>IEHMOVE. Heh...

> Does the HEH mean you are joking or IEHMOVE is a joke?

I kind of thought the one "Heh..." would do for both.

> No, it can't be used for this function.   Even the functions it does work for

For some value of "work".

> (moving a PDS plus merge) don't work with SMS controlled DASD.

That wasn't a requirement you mentioned. Regardless, the whole notion
of "move" invites problems. And IEHMOVE in particular has had a long
history of deleting source datasets that it thought or claimed it had
first successfully copied.

Tony H.