At 13:43 -0400 on 09/17/2013, Doug wrote about Re: HMIGRATE in parallel:

As already stated, HSM migrate by command is single threaded.
Maybe on of the HSM Guru's could jump in on this thread?

Sounds like a great requirement request.

I agree. What should not be hard for HSM to create multiple migration subtasks (each with its own ML2 dataset) and have the master task pass one dataset at a time to each subtask (ie: The subtask does the same work as is currently done for a migrate). As each subtask finishes it asks the master task for another dataset to migrate. That way you are migrating as many datasets in parallel as you have subtasks allocated.

Am I missing something that would preclude this design?

/