Paul Gilmartin wrote:

>>I see no 2.1, only up to 1.13. How did you entered at 2.1 (yes, I can type in
>>that &releas=ZOS... in to see where it jumps, but...)?

>It's magic!:

Who is that guy who sang: 'It is a kind of Magic!' ? :-D

>zOSver="release=ZOS%2F${REL-V1R13}"  # Hammer and file to fit.
>URL="http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/os390/lookat?msgid=$1&$zOSver";

Agreed! it is amazing magic! :-D   Those string replacings are amazing
inventions! ;-D

>Somewhere, IBM touts the advantage of InfoCenter in that it is indexed by
>Google (Isn't Publibz/Bookie likewise, or does it
block robots?)  But I see no way to limit the search to a specific release
(such as 2.1, 1.13, ...) or to a specific shelf (such as
TSO, SMP/E, z/OS Unix, ...).

You can limit the search, but that little details will become one of my
favourite pet peeves because of this:

You can setup on that InfoCentre your search scope where you can 'pre-select'
your bookshelves or 'scopes' to do you searches/browsing - one catch, your
actions is remembered in a tasteless 'cookie' only on that PC/Laptop... :-(

Another problem is while you select your 'scope', you will have to wait for
every elements to be downloaded before an element on the page(s) is useable
(clickable).

Now if the internet is down or time-out..... don't get me started...

I like to have Bookie on my laptop, on shared network drives (not one of
course)!, on z/OS and perhaps also on IBM's InfoCentre.

Ok, enough ranting! ;-)

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht