On 2013-10-01 12:25, Frank Swarbrick wrote:
We currently have E-Term for IBM from DCSi.  I personally don't like it and really am
open to any emulator.  A few of use (myself included) have Attachmate Reflection for IBM.
 It seems to have several options, one being a .NET API.  Without really knowing about it
it seems like that might do the trick.  I guess I'm wondering in general what type of
"interfaces" people have written and what emulator and API was used?

I've never used E-Term, but I have PCOMM and Vista TN3270 on my machine, and both offer scripting support. Our relatively old version of PCOMM supports the use of VBScript, and Vista has its won macro language. Passport PC to Host also offers macro support.

I haven't specifically checked the macro/scripting support of any of the products to determine whether they would be able to query a database and return a result to the macro/script.

--

Regards, Gord Tomlin
Action Software International