From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of David G. Schlecht
Sent: Thursday, October 03, 2013 1:10 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: NSLOOKUP on MVS vs OMVS

Not having much luck with the SR. Might be a communications issue. Can anyone
help?

We have RESOLVER started in OMVS. There is no MVS proc for starting RESOLVER.
We specify SYSTCPD in our TCPPROC JCL. From my read of the docs, SYSTCPD is
found in the search order. Still, RESOLVER doesn't find it. RESOLVER fails in
MVS.

If I specify SYSTCPD in EVERY ONE of my MVS jobs that uses RESOLVER, it mostly
works. This is not an acceptable solution as this means changing every job when
the location of SYSTCPD changes. Furthermore, according to the documents, this
should only be needed when you have more than one IP stack.

The crux of the problem is that Websphere, which also has the SYSTCPD hard
coded, is still unable to get resolver to work.

The solution seems to be to find out how to get resolver to use the SYSTCPD
provided to TCPPROC. If this isn't reasonable, is there any way to get a global
SYSTCPD to work without building an MVS proc for RESOLVER?

David G. Schlecht | Information Technology Professional
State of Nevada | Department of Administration | Enterprise IT Services
T:(775)684-4328 | F: (775) 684‐4324 | E:dschle...@admin.nv.gov