From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On
Behalf Of Lizette Koehler
Sent: Thursday, October 10, 2013 6:50 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: IC988I messages issued by CA-SPOOL

In easy rule you can set several suppression.

Suppress from Console,
Suppress from Syslog

And so forth.

Do you want only console, syslog or both?

Second thing you can do is go to OPSBROWSE (Option 1) and filter on IEC988I.

Put your cursor on the IEC988I and see what OPS/MVS sees and what it will
due.

There is a section called RULET.SET and it should show your MSG.IEC988I.

If that is there and you are still seeing it, I would probably open a case
to CA OPS/MVS.  They have always been very helpful to me when crafting
rules.

Lizette