From: Lizette Koehler [mailto:stars...@mindspring.com]
Sent: October 9, 2013 10:57
Subject: Re: New LPAR build - Storage activities - SMS/ACS Functionality

[snip] So if you are in ISMF Panels under ISPF you have options to define Data
Classes, Storage Classes, Management Classes.

Those are done manually.  And if you only want to copy those definitions that
are in the SCDS and SMS Address space, you have either

1) Copy the complete SCDS to the new LPAR. Activate it, then Delete the entries
you do not want.
2) Start with a clean SCDS VSAM dataset, Activate it, then manually add your
Data Classes, Storage Classes and Management classes through the ISMF Panels.

As far as I know, IBM never provided a batch process to do en masse the
addition of these functions or a selective EXPORT of some of the classes to
load into a new LPAR.
[snip]