Ron Wells wrote:

>Used DSS to backup the RACF database....from TEST lpar..wanting to
>restore---new name---but ensure the new name is cataloged on the TEST lpar's
>mastercat
>can I---jcl--poit to the mastercat as a user cat to make this occur??

Craig gave you good advice (plus the needed comment about non SMS volume [1] ),
but [2] , I wish to ask these:

How are you backing up your RACF DB? Physical volume dump? Logical dump? Using
COPY?
How are you using to restore it on the new location?
Are you using IRRUT200 and IRRUT400 before and after backup/restore to ensure
your RACF DB is 100% intact and accurately copied/dumped?

>is there not a display to the racf name being used??

Yes, use command: <RACF subsystem prefix>RVARY.

>Yep---did that thanks

Did you used ICHRDSNT from the most current z/OS version?

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht

1 - DSORG=PSU

2 - Being a RACF admin as primary duty while having done Storage admin work
previously. I have done many such type of work previously. I'm paranoid. ;-D