On Sat, 12 Oct 2013 14:26:19 -0400, John Gilmore wrote:

>There is|are.  The z/OS UNIX System Services commands cp and mv and
>the TSO commands OGET and OPUT can do the necessary conversions in
>both directions.

And, of course Binder, which I suspect all the others (along with IEBCOPY)
invoke internally.  But once it's in a UNIX file, the exec() facility and its
brethren can bring it directly into storage for execution (even they could
invoke Program Management internally).

On Sat, 12 Oct 2013 14:13:46 -0400, John Gilmore wrote:

>I have just read Paul's most recent post.  I find that I do not agree
>with even one of his contentions.

Not even that I submitted the JCL I appended and that it produced
the output that I appended?

>...  Exit jg.

Nyah!  Nyah!  Nyah!   I can't hear you!

-- gil