john.archie.mck...@gmail.com (John McKown) writes:
> Thanks for the pointers. No offense, but I still don't much like
> InfoCenter. I may learn to like it. Right after I learn to like Lima beans.
>
> So, IBM pubs center doesn't have an HA setup. Interesting. I guess they're
> busy restoring. Have they considered using Amazon AWS? Am I getting too
> nasty?

long ago my wife had been in the JES group (one of the catchers for ASP
and co-author of JESUS ... JES unified system ... all the features in
JES2 & JES3 that corresponding customers couldn't live w/o) when she was
con'ed into going to POK to be responsible for loosely-coupled
architecture. While there she did the peer-coupled shared data
architecture ... some past posts
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/submain.html#shareddata

however at the time, there was very little uptake except for IMS
hot-standby ... which contributed to her not staying long in the
position (another was periodic skirmishes with the communication group
trying to force her into using sna/vtam for loosely-coupled operations).

later we do IBM's ha/cmp ... a couple recent posts on ha/cmp from
today
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2013m.html#86
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2013m.html#87

as referenced in the above post ... (mainframe) DB2 complained that if I
was allowed to continue ... I would be at least five yrs ahead of them.

one of the things I coined when out marketing ha/cmp were the terms
"disaster survivability" and "geographic survivability" ... to
differentiate from simple disaster/recovery. somewhat as a result, i was
asked to write a section for the corporation's "continuous availability"
strategy document ... however the section got removed when both
rochester (as/400) and POK (mainframe) complained that they couldn't
meet the specification. some past posts
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/submain.html#available