Hi Folks -

I saw this discussion around 2008, but never saw any definitive resolution
or prohibition so I just thought I'd check to see if anyone using RACF has
managed to use TSO with an all numeric userid.

I've played around a bit first with a couple of the TSO exits and managed
to add an alphabetic to the Jobname to bypass the JES2 jobname limitation.

Inside IKJEFLD1 though, I've had to flip on the "Don't prompt" bit
otherwise the TSO/E screen processing syntax checks the userid.
Unfortunately by setting "Don't prompt" I now needed to supply userid,
password, procname and region size inside the exit.  So it looks like I
have to full-screen TPUT my own screen and process it myself.  I have,
with the help of some hardcoded values in the exit gotten logged on, so it
is technically feasible, just painful.

Has anyone discovered a simple, elegant, less cumbersome mechanism for
getting a numeric user and TSO to coexist?

Thanks kindly from the bottom side of the planet,

Tom
Sydney

IMPORTANT NOTICE : The information in this email is confidential and may also
be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, any use or dissemination
of the information and any disclosure or copying of this email is unauthorised
and strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please
promptly inform us by reply email or telephone. You should also delete this
email and destroy any hard copies produced.