Tom Rusnak wrote:

>I saw this discussion around 2008, but never saw any definitive resolution or
>prohibition so I just thought I'd check to see if anyone using RACF has
>managed to use TSO with an all numeric userid.

This is WAD. Limits for TSO ids: A letter in first position as well as name
length limit of 7. Just live with it.

>I've played around a bit first with a couple of the TSO exits and managed to
>add an alphabetic to the Jobname to bypass the JES2 jobname limitation.

Just curious. What are you trying to achieve by having your TSO ids as all
numeric?

>, so it is technically feasible, just painful.

It is not technically feasible. [1] It should be painful. :-) Wait until you
try using all numeric dataset names. Now it will hurts a lot. [2]

>Has anyone discovered a simple, elegant, less cumbersome mechanism for getting
>a numeric user and TSO to coexist?

I don't think you will a less cumbersome way. At least for TSO. I know for some
third party products you can logon using numbers as ids.

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht

[1] - Why trying 1001 exits just to achive your goal? You will probably have to
re-assemble all of them with each upgrades.
[2] - Unless you use some sort of prefix. Think ISPF exit 16 amongst other
exits for example.