On 6 November 2013 11:23, Paul Gilmartin <paulgboul...@aim.com> wrote:
>>                        .  ===> smcopy fds(/etc/logs) tds(/u/rex/log-deleteme)
>>
>> IKJ56700A ENTER INPUT SOURCE DATASET NAME -
>> /etc/logs
>> IKJ56709I INVALID DATA SET NAME, /etc/logs
>>
> Actually, that could be a valid data set name with
> DISABLE(DSNCHECK) in effect.  It appears to me that SMCOPY
> hasn't been updated to support the new facilities of catalogs.

It's surely TSO parse (IKJPARS) that hasn't been updated. To be
consistent with other commands such as ALLOCATE, SMCOPY should have a
different keyword, perhaps PATH, for files. Allowing just a single
name space for classic dsnames and UNIX files is a mixed bag. In some
cases it's very handy. In others, deciding on syntax alone can make
for real ambiguity.

Tony H.