On Wed, 6 Nov 2013 12:03:14 -0500, Shmuel Metz (Seymour J.) wrote:

>I believe that you're thinking of TSO Data Set Utilities: COPY, FORMAT
>LIST and MERGE. The only good thing that I can say about it is that it
>led me to order the ASI TSO Superset Utilities, a much more reliable
>and better supported replacement product.

Is this comparable to saying that the only good thing about getting poked
in the eye with a sharp stick is that it led you to blunt the stick?

>>And I find "cp" terribly confusing
>
>More so than ls, which is not an abbreviation for less?

But the (GNU, not POSIX) "less" is a facetious counterderivation from
(POSIX) "more", even as UNIX is a facetiously risqué counterderivation
from MULTICS.

-- gil