The problem with all of these arguments is that each of us is a
creature of his or her own unique experience.  What I find felicitous
may well, often does, seem counter-intuitive to you.

STIMER is not called WAIT because another macro is called WAIT, etc., etc.

I do agree that aliasing facilities should make it possible for you to
consult your own taste in names in your own bailiwick.  There is of
course a price to be paid for this: communication outside that
bailiwick will be made more difficult; but it should be possible.

John Gilmore, Ashland, MA 01721 - USA