From: Paul Gilmartin <paulgboul...@aim.com>
To: IBM-MAIN <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU>
Sent: Thu, Nov 7, 2013 10:23 am
Subject: Re: JCL (was: Re: Aging Sysprogs = Aging Farmers)

On Thu, 7 Nov 2013 09:41:40 -0800, Richard Pinion wrote:
>And to throw another twist to this thread, some people say the LRECL and RECFM
hould not be coded in the JCL.  That way when a change is made to the program
ource, that affects LRECL and/or RECFM, the corresponding JCL doesn't have to
e updated.  What are some opinions about that methodology?

f by changing the program source you mean coding LRECL and RECFM in the
CB, the JCL needn't be changed.  Values coded in the DCB quietly override
ny coded in JCL.  Shouldn't a warning of such disagreement be issued?
 believe so, but via what channel?