On Thu, 7 Nov 2013 22:36:30 -0800, Jon Perryman wrote:

> ... UNIX files don't support an RECFM, LRECL or BLKSIZE so specifying them on
> the DD results in them being ignored.

Come to think of it, you're right in one instance I know of.
Binder ignores any of RECFM, LRECL, BLKSIZE, or FILEDATA
specified when SYSLIN is allocated to a UNIX file and behaves
as if they were FB, 80, ???, and BINARY.  I submitted an RCF
on this which was accepted rather grudgingly; Tech Pubs
appeared to believe it was superfluous (they may have
previously documented RECFM and LRECL but omitted
FILEDATA for SYSLIN while documenting it for SYSPRINT).
I suspect Binder bypasses QSAM/BSAM anduses BPX1*
assembler calls directly.

-- gil