Cavet: I Know very little about DB2

However the let me say this about SMPE.
The author did not go into detail about how their USERMOD's are designed. When I do a usermod it is for a stated level of a mod ie ++pre (xxxxxxxx). If I go to apply and find out there is conflict I just restore the usermod. I then apply as normal and after the the last PTF is applied I then go in and redo the usermod (with the correct pre's). Having said this I was quite surprised to hear that anyone one would have 20+ usermod's on DB2. When I do anything mass to a system I expect to have to rewrite 20+ usermods and would not find this abnormal. I just can't believe that DB2 was so messed up that it would require that many usermods. Maybe someone can speak up and say whether a typical DB2 site has that many usermods.
Ed