At 07:30 -0600 on 11/21/2013, Tom Marchant wrote about Re: When should we ACCEPT DB2 PTFs?:

On Wed, 20 Nov 2013 20:36:15 -0500, Robert A. Rosenberg wrote:

One way to
handle the already APPLY'ed and now PE PTF issue is to periodically
pull the HOLD Data and do an ACCEPT CHECK. That would flag/indicate a
PTFs in this state.

That's the hard way.  It is much easier to receive current hold data and run
REPORT ERRORSYSMODS against the target zone.

It has been a while since I was responsible for day to day SMP work. If as you say, REPORT ERRORSYSMODS will indicate that an APPLY'ed SYSMOD is now PE that that would look like a more efficient method than my ACCEPT CHECK one. The important thing is to find (and correct) the ticking timebomb that an APPLY'ed but now PE SYSMOD represents.

No matter what method is used, the locating of PE'ed SYSMODs which were already APPLY'ed is IMO a good preventive practice. Hopefully this will not be something that occurs often and the longer you wait between the release of the SYSMODs and when you APPLY them, the more time there will be for the PE indication to occur before you do the APPLY.

--
Tom Marchant