On 11/27/2013 6:26 AM, John McKown wrote:
The attitude described in this article:
http://arstechnica.com/business/2013/11/its-the-little-things-pt-3-harder-is-not-better/
Is one that I've noticed here at times. Basically is that it seems that
some things are simply written to be harder to use than is reasonable,
especially given the advancement in hardware and UI design knowledge.
Unfortunately, the author does not address the monetary cost of improving
the UI. Which is a major concern.

I tell my students, "User friendly means programmer difficult."

That is, it is the designer and coder who should work hard so
that the user doesn't have to. So, yes that means more effort
(cost) on the design side.

But, hey, that's why they pay us the big bucks, right? :-)

--

Kind regards,

-Steve Comstock
The Trainer's Friend, Inc.

303-355-2752
http://www.trainersfriend.com

* We are going out of business effective 30 December, 2013

* To purchase a set of our training materials at terrific prices,
  check out our Going Out Of Business Sale:

    http://www.trainersfriend.com/SpecialSale