On 2013-12-10 13:24, Jousma, David wrote:
> Something else Gil's email made me think of.   Does IBM license the
> server-side of the RECEIVE ORDER process?   Sure would be nice if ISV's could
> make maintenance available that way too.

I believe (and you may know better than I) that GIMZIP, intrinsic
to SMP/E, is the server-side of RECEIVE FROMNETWORK.  I know of no
corresponding server side of RECEIVE ORDER (would that be ShopZ?)

Which is all pretty irrelevant to me.  My employer insists that all
Electronic Deliveries (ED?) to customers be in Zip archives.  zSeries
software is a niche LoB; we have no hope of changing the standard.

-- gil