From:   "Staller, Allan" <allan.stal...@kbmg.com>
To:     IBM-MAIN@listserv.ua.edu
Date:   13/12/2013 21:57
Subject:        Re: WLM Mixed Workload
Sent by:        IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@listserv.ua.edu>

As far as I can tell, the DP of the CICS address spaces will float
depending on the "loved ones".
DB2 is just along for the ride.

My suggestion (since transaction goals are in use) is to experiment w/DB2
in a separate service class.

BTW, are you using goals for DDF workloads?

<snip>
Scenario is, I am working with a policy where the DB2 address spaces
(aside from IRLM) are running in the same service class as the CICS region
tasks. The caveat is CICS is running as a server with transaction goal
management.

As I understand it WLM sampling will establish for lack of a better term
"patterns of behavior"  of a service class to better help in its
adjustment logic. CICS behaves like  CICS and DB2 like DB2.
</snip>

Unless stated otherwise above:
741598.