On Thu, 26 Dec 2013 15:26:26 +0100, jan de decker <jan.je...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi all
>
>First of all a happy good year.
>
>I can not mount a zOS NFS directory  from my Linux machine.
>
>I searched the web and tried the command examples from the IBM manual but
>every variation failed.
>
>From the Linux machine I can do a showattr of the zOS server if I only
>supply the zOS host name.
>
>The last attempt was the Linux command:
>
>mount -t nfs4 -o sec=sys proto=tcp Catweazle-zOS/jedsp /jedsp
>
>where Catweazle-zOS is the zOS host name and jedsp are directories on both
>systems.
>
>The EXPORTS file contains:
>
>/hfs/jedsp
>JEdSP

What error messages are you getting?  Is /jedsp really in the root?   What
other parms if any
 are in your export for /hfs/jedsp?   Is JEdSP the HLQ  of a "classic" MVS data
set?  Why
 the "d" in lower case (although I doubt that would matter, but I've never
checking into nor
 used lower case in exporting MVS data sets).

ITIL v3 Foundation Certified
mailto:m...@mzelden.com
Systems Programming expert at http://search390.techtarget.com/ateExperts/