I was having some strange issues with my z/OS to linux system and had to
specify vers(3).

 MOUNT FILESYSTEM(MYNFS) +
   MOUNTPOINT('/mnt') +
   parm('10.6.0.10:/srv/ftp/pub,vers(3)') +
     TYPE(NFS) MODE(RDWR)

On Thu, Dec 26, 2013 at 3:40 PM, Mark Post <mp...@suse.com> wrote:

> > The mount command I tried last, after several variartions was the example
> > from the IBM manual:
> >
> > mount -t nfs4 -o sec=sys proto=tcp Catweazle-zOS/hfs/jedsp/web /jedsp/web
>
> The typical mount syntax involves
> hostname:/path/name
> whereas you don't have the colon in it.
>
> I don't know what the -o sec=sys does, so I can't comment on that.
>
> In the past, you used to have to compile the mvslogin program to run on
> the Linux system that would be doing the mount.  That was so the External
> Security Manager on z/OS (whether ACF2, RACF, or other) could authenticate
> the subsequent request for the mount.  I would think that _some_ sort of
> authentication would still be needed today.
>

> Mark Post

The postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent
Mainline’s positions or opinions

Mark D Pace
Senior Systems Engineer
Mainline Information Systems