All,

My history with z/OS is more about performance and tuning, rather than
hardcore sysprogging.

Tuning is almost always about doing it a new way, and I only wish there were
more newbies in this field with no preconceived ideas about how it has
always worked. Back when I was not Mr Congeniality a stand up argument with
a Sysprog about how to resolve a performance problem was almost a monthly
occasion at any site.

The only thing I wish we would teach newbies in any field of mainframe is
"Do Nothing" should always be in the list of options.

Ron