On Fri, 10 Jan 2014 10:44:10 -0700, Steve Comstock wrote:

>On 1/10/2014 10:28 AM, zMan wrote:
>> Cute. Notepad still exists in current Windows, btw.
>
>And it handles utf-8 fine.

<SIGH>
Notepad handles UTF-8 fine (on a scientific sample of 1).  But it's
utterly ignorant of UNIX line separators.

Wordpad handles UNIX line separators on input, but not on output.
I guess half is better than none.  But it's utterly ignorant of UTF-8.
</SIGH>

Vim on both Ubuntu Linux and OS X seems to be UTF-8 clever, even
brilliant.  In a document containing both Latin and Cyrillic text, the
"flip case" command ('~') converts majuscule<->minuscule for both,
both ways.

BTW, how can I convert majuscule->minuscule with ISPF EDIT.
I know; I could write a macro ...  Sheesh!

-- gil