On Wed, 29 Jan 2014 13:44:41 -0800, Frank Swarbrick wrote:

>Is there some actual technical reason why TSO cannot be made to allow one user
>ID to log in multiple times to TSO within a single LPAR?

Yes.  Bad design.

The assumption that the user ID could be used as a handle for an
interactive TSO session.

There's no practical limit to the number of concurrent instances of
the TSO TMP I can run under batch (plus one foreground).  I even
run ISPF that way (but I allocate ISPPROF to DUMMY).  Is fear of
sharing ISPPROF old bad habit?  It was mentioned earlier in this
thread that ISPPROF can now be shared.  How does that work?
Doesn't ISPF cache ISPPROF and write it back on exit, thereby
obliterating changes that may have been made in sessions that
exited earlier?

We've disabled MIM's propagation of certain ENQs -- our testers
in particular prefer not to logoff one system in order to be able
to logon to another.  Last session to exit wins.  We're used to it.
I have never heard of member corruption, and it's not Shmuel's
dog.

--gil