On 13 March 2014 14:53, Donald Russell <russell....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Holly Smokes! Metal C looks perfect.... THANKS! :-) I just need sprintf
> features....

Please keep us posted with your results. I haven't actually tried it,
but I've thought about it a few times - enough to look at the calling
and environment conventions. They look pretty easy to meet, but stack
space requirements are large in comparison to typical assembler
programs. If you're calling only sprintf you could presumably reuse or
otherwise share the "stack", i.e. what you pass to the function
wouldn't have to be an actual stack that your program linkage
conventions use.

Tony H.