l...@garlic.com (Anne & Lynn Wheeler) writes:
> for a time I used to report to the same executive as the guy responsible
> for APPN ... when it came time to announce, the communication group
> non-concurred and objected to the announcement ... after several weeks,
> the APPN announcement letter was carefully rewritten so not to imply any
> relationship between APPN and SNA ... now they try and pretend that SNA
> and APPN are somehow related (somewhat like doublethink out of 1984,
> arbitrarily redefine words to mean whatever you want them to mean)
> http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/IBM_Systems_Network_Architecture_Protocols
>
> I would periodically bug him about coming over and working on real
> networking.

re:
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2014d.html#50 Can we logon to TSO witout having
TN3270 up ?

and i just got thru pointing out that the communication group did
everything possible to make sure that anybody would confuse that
APPN was in any way related to SNA (see figure and then what the
paragraph talks about):
http://www.eetimes.com/document.asp?doc_id=1321377&image_number=7