On 20 March 2014 10:48, Jim McAlpine <jim.mcalp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Tom, that was the cause of the problem. I logged off TSO and back on
> again and was able to delete the offending dataset.
>
> Sorry for sending everyone off on a wild goose chase.

Well you didn't exactly have ideal information to work with. I mean,
seriously, "IEC614I SCRATCH FAILED - RC 008, DIAGNOSTIC INFORMATION IS
(043D57D3), SYSACCT,DB2B04,E54I.OLAS.PDEFLIB" is hardly the most
friendly way of saying "dataset is in use by job xxxx" the way other
programs generally do under similar circumstances.

Tony H.