Dean,
  You can subscribe with your home email. Again, 21 or 43 aren't listed
as possible values of RETCODE. Here is the doc:

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/zos/v2r1/topic/com.ibm.zos.v2r1.halc001/parm_ret_gethostbyname.htm

If you really are getting other than 0 or -1, you should open an ETR with
IBM.

--
Don Poitras - SAS Development  -  SAS Institute Inc. - SAS Campus Drive
sas...@sas.com           (919) 531-5637                Cary, NC 27513