On Tue, 25 Mar 2014 19:02:04 -0500, Bill Godfrey wrote:

>You did see that it is in the Z/OS 2.1 PDF that I mentioned, right? 380th
>page, page 354.
>
>http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/download/DGT3D500.pdf

I found a nice example, more suited to my need, in Using Data Sets:

        STOWLIST DS    0F            List of member names for STOW
                 DC    CL8'MEMBERA'  Name of  member
                 DS    CL3           TTR of first record (created by STOW)
                 DC    X'23'         C byte, 1 user TTRN, 4 bytes of user data
                 DS    CL4           TTRN of NOTE list
                 ...                 one list entry per member (16 bytes each)

Whenever MHVRCFs assigns a tracking number, I'll recommend that they
provide a cross-reference.

Thanks,
gil