On 28/03/2014 1:05 AM, Thomas David Rivers wrote:
The IBM compiler could be misapplying range optimizations, assuming
that a 31-pointer is in the range [0x0 .. 0x7fffffff] and therefor could
never be equal to 0xff000000... but, that would be quite a stretch.
If they are doing this, I can bet your report to IBM will cause
an option to be added to quit doing it :-)

I think you've hit the nail on the head Dave! I bet if the OP changed the constant to 0x7f000000 it would work!

Time for somebody to open an PMR