On Wed, Apr 9, 2014 at 11:44 AM, Paul Gilmartin <paulgboul...@aim.com>wrote:

<snip>

> Is there any way to limit authorized invocation of a utility to selected
> users
> and allow all others to invoke it unauthorized?  Of course a copy could be
> installed in a non-authorized library.

At present, there is no way to have a single copy of a program run with APF
authorization based simply on a RACF profile. As I understand it, the
program loader in the initiator will set the APF auth bit if (1) the
program from the EXEC PGM= is marked AC(1), and (2) it is loaded from an
authorized library.

> (Several years ago, I discovered that SMP/E worked pretty well unauthorized
> as long as I avoided functions that invoke IEBCOPY (I know), ahd used
> NOWAIT
> on all my DDDEFs.  Don't know about AMASPZAP; skeptical about ADRDSSU.
> But I disagree strongly with those who will probably argue here that only
> storage administrators have justifiable use for ADRDSSU.  Elitism.)

I don't mind _anybody_ using a program _which they know how to use_.
ADRDSSU is generally not one of those. Unfortunately, around here, I
sometimes wonder about the COBOL compiler too.

--
There is nothing more pleasant than traveling and meeting new people!
Genghis Khan

Maranatha! <><
John McKown